Water Damage at a Kennett Square Food Bank
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford recently visited the Kennett Area Community Service (KACS) Food Cupboard for water restoration services. Water began to come up through the floor in the area where the food for the community was stored for those in need.
Our water restoration team responded immediately to the call and quickly began to remove the water damaged floor of the space. We also placed our advanced drying equipment in the affected areas. In order to fully dry the structure and prevent further water damage, our air mover and dehumidifier were left to continuously help eliminate all signs of water for three full days. This is a standard and critical step in the water restoration process.
Once this was complete and the property was restored, the Food Cupboard was left to continue their paramount efforts for our local community. Our team was happy to be able to restore this organization quickly and efficiently in order to help keep those efforts running smoothly for the Kennett Square area.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is proud to assist our local businesses and non-profits with their everyday disasters and commercial cleaning needs. Our team provides services for fire and water damage, mold remediation, post construction cleaning, biohazard, vandalism, and more! We are proud to offer 24/7 emergency services for our local community when it is needed the most.
Fire Safety for the Warm Weather!
As the warmer months continue, SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford would like to remind everyone to act safely while enjoying this time of year. The upcoming months can often lead to fire damage when particular procedures are not followed. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends following the steps below to ensure a fun and safe season!
- Check your grill for issues such as leaks before cooking outside for the season. Do not leave the grill unattended. Clean it regularly to remove the grease and fat that can potentially ignite.
- When having a bonfire, be sure to have a hose or bucket of water nearby in case of a sudden flare up. Ensure that all embers are completely extinguished before leaving the area.
- All fire sources should be kept away from structures and tree branches in case of a sudden flame as well.
- Lawns should be maintained and clear of leaves and other materials that can burn.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford hopes that everyone enjoys the warmer weather! Should your property suffer fire damage to any extent, our fire restoration professionals can handle the cleanup. We provide services including smoke and soot removal, odor deodorization techniques, and demolition and reconstruction of the structure. Our team is here in our local community to help make your fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Hurricane Preparedness Week!
This week is National Hurricane Preparedness Week. Hurricane safety is encouraged during this week in order to help prepare our communities for the start of the hurricane season. To prepare for a major storm, there are a few safety procedures all home and business owners should follow.
- Create an emergency plan. Prepare for a severe storm by outlining critical steps to follow such as an evacuation route and communication methods.
- Create an emergency kit. Supplies such as radios, flashlights, batteries and a first aid kit should be prepared and easily accessible in the event of a power outage or other substantial event. Non-perishable food and water should also be stocked.
- Ensure your property is safe and will outstand a strong storm. Have your property inspected, and make sure that the structure is up to date with the accurate building codes for your area.
- Speak with your insurance representative regarding your policy. Not all policies cover flood damage, so it is important to be aware of what you may be responsible for after a storm.
Should your property suffer storm damage this hurricane season, SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford can help! Our storm restoration professionals can handle any extent of structural damage. We also provide reconstruction services in order to help fully restore your home or business.
In addition, we offer our free Emergency Ready Profile Program to all commercial facilities to help minimize the damage during a major event. No matter how large or small, SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is here to help our local community with their fire, water and storm damage needs!
Sewage in Downingtown
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford visited a commercial office building in Downingtown after sewage had entered the facility. The basement had been damaged with minor sewage damage due to a system failure. No content was affected, but our team was asked to complete thorough cleaning services for the affected areas. We visited the property that day in order to help restore the basement, allowing the business to reopen quickly.
Once all debris was removed from the basement, our restoration professionals extracted all sewage water from the floor and placed a dehumidifier in the space for a period of three full days in order to dry the contaminated floor. We then cleaned the floor with our anti-microbial cleaning agent to help remove all signs of harmful particles.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford provides complete cleaning and restoration services for sewage and biohazard conditions. We also offer general cleaning services, post construction cleanup, vandalism services, HVAC duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, and more in order to help restore businesses in Southeastern PA!
Preventing Stormwater from Entering your Home
During periods of rainfall, a storm leak can cause a variety of issues for a homeowner, starting with water and mold damage. Should the problem persist, you should hire a professional to inspect the structure for signs of storm damage. Below, we list several steps homeowners can take to prevent an initial storm leak.
- Inspect your roof for poor conditions. Damages should be repaired before the next storm.
- Seal all windows and doors to prevent moisture and water damage.
- Remove debris from your gutters. This will prevent stormwater from becoming blocked in the gutters, allowing water to flow to away from the foundation of your home.
- Inspect your drains and sump pump. Clear drains of debris and make sure that your system is working properly.
Should your home or business suffer any extent of water, storm or mold damage, SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford can assist you with restoring the space as quickly as possible! Our water and storm restoration professionals are equipped with the proper expertise and resources to help with any size disaster.
Rain Causes Mold Damage
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford recently visited a local home in Chester County after the property had suffered substantial mold damage. During periods of heavy rainfall, water finds its way into the home’s garage ceiling in addition to several other areas of the structure.
Our restoration team removed the wet insulation and drywall in the affected areas, followed by utilizing our advanced equipment to help remove any signs of mold damage. During this process, we use air scrubbers to catch mold particles and other harmful contaminants in the air. Once the structure was dry and the process of mold remediation completed, our professionals applied an environmentally friendly anti-microbial cleaning agent to the damaged areas.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford offers mold remediation services for any extent of mold damage in the Southeastern PA area. Our team provides services for mold, storm, fire and water damage. These services follow the guidelines set forth by organizations such as OSHA and the IICRC.
Preventing Fire Damage with Dry Conditions in Chester County
This spring, fire damage can often be a risk. Should you not be prepared, dry conditions and humidity can lead to an unforeseen disaster. SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford would like to remind you to please follow the proper safety precautions in order to keep your property safe from a fire-related event.
- Clear your yard, roof, deck and gutters of flammable materials that can set fire such as branches, leaves, and grass clippings.
- Trash and wood should be placed at least thirty feet away from your home.
- When cooking outdoors, maintain a ten foot distance between your grill and any trees or plants.
- Keep fire pits at a safe distance from your trees and home. They should not be in use during heavy winds.
- Be sure that the embers from grilling and fire pits are completely extinguished. This is particularly important during windy conditions where the embers can travel to the trees, plants or grass around your home.
- When using rags with chemicals such as paint, the NFPA recommends taking the rags outside to dry or placing them in a container with water and detergent to eliminate the oils. Should the oils in the rags be left to release heat indoors, the heat will then have nowhere to escape, leading to possible fire damage. They should also be kept away from heat sources such as sunlight.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is here to help when it comes to your residential or commercial fire restoration needs. We offer complete fire damage and reconstruction services in the event of destruction to your property. We also offer thorough services for your spring cleaning needs!
Fire Destroys Home in Chadds Ford
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is currently in the process of fully restoring a home in Chadds Ford after a substantial fire. The home’s stove had been filled with wood ashes that were left to burn out. Unfortunately, that was not the case and a fire had erupted, destroying the entire property.
Our cleaning and fire restoration professionals are continuing to remove all debris and content from the home. We dispose of all non-salvageable items, and clean and restore the items that haven’t been too severely damaged. During the restoration process, we will also complete fire damage services including smoke and soot removal, odor deodorization and reconstruction.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford provides a thorough and complete fire restoration process for those who are affected by any type of fire, smoke or soot damage. We help to restore your home or business from any size fire damage event. Our team has the expertise, equipment and resources to respond to your disaster faster!
Commercial Water Damage in Oxford
The winter season is always a busy time for water and storm restoration services. Frozen pipes, flooding and other water related issues have impacted some of our local Chester County homes and commercial properties, including this business in Oxford.
A pipe had broken on the first floor of the facility, leaking water onto the carpet. The water continued to travel through the ceiling and into the basement, leaving four inches of water in that space as well. To make matters worse, the water damage had occurred during business hours so they were forced to close until our team at SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford could restore the affected areas. We visited the property immediately to minimize the damage and downtime for the business.
During this water restoration process, we tore out all damaged components from the leak, including the carpet and drywall. Once all signs of initial water damage were removed, we placed a total of 28 air movers and 4 dehumidifiers in the Oxford building for three full days. This allowed us to properly remove any remaining signs of water damage while fully drying the structure. Once all areas were thoroughly cleaned with our anti-microbial cleaning agent, the business quickly reopened.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford continues to assist our local businesses with their water, storm, and fire restoration needs. We are proud to be a part of keeping our Chester County community running when it matters most!
Oil Cleanup in Chester County
Did you know that we also provide biohazard cleanup services? SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is highly trained in the removal and cleaning of harmful contaminants in situations involving oil spills, hoarding environments, and other health threatening factors.
During the oil cleanup process, we properly remove and clean all affected areas per OSHA and other health guidelines. Utilizing our advanced equipment and cleaning techniques, SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford can handle any extent of oil damage and restore your property to preloss conditions.
Recently, we completed oil damage cleanup services for a local municipality. Their heating oil had leaked through the ceiling and onto the floor. The township building had to close temporarily. Our biohazard team handled the situation immediately in order to minimize the interruption to the building.
We demolished the extensively affected areas of the property and placed two air scrubbers in the space for a full day. This equipment along with our odor removal and deodorization procedures eliminated all signs of harmful contaminants in the air, restoring the building to a clean and healthy work environment. After completing our cleaning and deodorization services for the entire property per industry standards, the township was able to open again the next day.
SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is happy to provide biohazard services to our Chester County area for a variety of needs. In addition to fire and water damage, our restoration professionals are also highly trained in biohazard and chemical emergencies. We follow the health guidelines outlined by organizations such as the CDC and IICRC.