If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (800) 933-9707

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Toughkenamon Mold Damage

12/16/2022 (Permalink)

When you discover mold in your home or business, it can be quite alarming since it comes unexpectedly and in many different forms. Fortunately, most types of mold are pretty harmless.  However, if left uninterrupted, the mold can continue to grow and affect an entire structure, causing overwhelming damage.  At the first sight of mold, SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford advises that you call a professional for an initial assessment and possibly a mold test in order to determine the best plan of action for your particular situation.

A homeowner in Toughkenamon discovered this mold growth in her basement and immediately called us to resolve the issue.  The mold had begun to take the appearance of mushrooms, indicating that the mold damage had been there for a period of time.

Like many other mold remediation projects, our IICRC-certified team assessed both forms of mold damage before placing equipment on site.  During this process, our team sets a containment barrier between the affected and non-affected areas of a structure and then removes any necessary interior components, such as the drywall, trim, and baseboards.  We set our air scrubbers in the space for a minimum of three days in order to capture all mold spores in the air while we continue to eliminate all other signs of mold growth.  The areas are thoroughly cleaned with anti-microbial and anti-fungal cleaning agents, helping to ensure that the damaged areas are fully safe and healthy.

Mold damage can be scary, but SERVPRO of Kennett Square/Oxford is here to help guide you through the process while we get your property back to normal!

Other News

View Recent Posts